The FUAM’s main mission is to act as an intermediary between the University Autónoma de Madrid and Society.
The Fundación de la Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (FUAM) was founded in 1991. It is a foundational organization with its own legal personality and full operating capacity. It is a non-profit entity whose equity is devoted to the fulfilment of aims of public interest. The FUAM is a foundation acting under Private Law.
The FUAM’s mission is to work towards fulfilling the aims of the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid and mainly manages activities to support university’s programs, mainly in line with article 83 of the Organic Law of Universities (LOU in its Spanish initials). Its main aims are therefore to provide support to the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid in its teaching and research activities, and promote studies and the diffusion of culture. It also provides support to the university’s community and contributes towards educating in the values of solidarity, tolerance, freedom and justice through volunteer programmes.
The FUAM aims to be a solvent entity and a benchmark in its sector for its management and the services it offers, with a focus on the satisfaction of its users and beneficiaries and a strong commitment towards society. We propose to add value to the research and training capacity of the university, based on a deep understanding of its capabilities, designing and offering services and working on a daily basis in an innovative and creative way.
- Respect towards fundamental human rights.
- Satisfaction of our users and beneficiaries.
- Creativity, innovation, involvement and professionalism.
- Transparency and sincerity.
- Sustainability and Solidarity.
- Services towards Society.
- The Management is committed to:
- Work towards the mission, vision and values herein established.
- Seek the satisfaction of our users by providing a service that is suited to their needs and in accordance with the established requirements, as well as those approved by the law and university regulations.
- Develop and improve on a continual basis the efficiency and effectiveness of our quality system and, therefore, of our work.